Saturday, October 14, 2006

I Talk Too Much We're Rude, Deal With It

Friday, our blog was reviewed by I Talk Too Much, We're Rude, Deal With It, a group of people whose schtik is, for the most part, to say nasty things about other peoples' blogs. Not surprisingly, they were very angry about our site.

The reviewer was so put off he couldn't muster more than three sentences about why he hates it. Usually they devote at least five or six paragraphs. So we stunned him with horror, bascially. The best part to read in the reviews, really, is the comments, though.

Things that put people off:
1) GreenDaddy taking BabyG to the Pro-choice rally
2) The site design
3) Our "enviro-fascism"
4) Dirty hippiness of the site
5) They think their lives are not political, and by extension, that our attempts at Green Parenting are somehow more political than their blissfully ignoring the environment, society, etc.

A couple people on their site liked ours, which was nice; one woman defended Raj's taking BabyG to the rally.

I'm the one who put the site up for review because I just wondered what people in other facets of life think of a blog lik ours.

I'm actually very satisfied with the review, for some reason. Most of our friends, and commenting readers, think the way we do. I start thinking everybody believes the same as we do. It's a good reality check to remember a lot of people are afraid and/or annoyed by people consciously making choices.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose it is sort of a badge of honor. And for the record, I loved the pics of the pro-choice rally...

Anonymous said...

I'm over here from IT2M..I'm the other mommyblogger who got 90% of the hate comments. Nothing wrong with be a mommy or a daddy blogger. Which is worse? People who blog about their children, or people who write about people who write about their children? Ha. Anyway, nice site. I agree with your comment regarding the graphics on the IT2M site. Take care.

Chris Hunt said...

I enjoy reading your blog! It is very comforting to see other parents really work to live their ideals. Especially ideals I happen to agree with!

Diana said...

Thanks for the heads up I'll have to check it out! I have to say though, I didn't comment at the time because I wasn't sure how exactly to put it but I was inspired by Raj's having taken Lila to the pro-choice rally, whether a person agrees with the stance of the rally or not I just think it's wonderful that Lila is getting such a great look at life from the very beginning. It seems enriching to me. We live way out in the country (oh my Raj is going to hate me now, isn't he?! ;) ) so we don't get to do a lot of Rally-ish things. We try to be activists where and when we can and we live our ideals to the best of our abilities but I still long to be able to attend more rallies. :)

Anyway, enough rambling from me! Have a good one!

David T said...

Raj, your violent authoritarian approach to the environment has gone on long enough!

It's about time some brave enviro-communist had the balls to call you out on your radical right-wing fanaticism.

k

Jennifer (ponderosa) said...

That was brave, calling the hounds on yourself like that. I wouldn't have the nerve.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That IT2M site is like cancer. Dang! Julie

Robin said...

re: the reviewer's review, it does seem like bitchiness is one of the biggest draws among the blogs. kinda like negative campaigning? i'll keep honing that analogy. xo

Anonymous said...

I agree with Robin's analogy, which kind of paraphrases Brendan Brehan's quote of "There's no such thing as bad publicity... except for an obituary."

I have received several rejection letters for my upcoming book compiling spam poetry, so I plan on compiling all the letters into one long rejection notice and using that as my introduction to the book!

Anyway, it's okay to get people upset at your blog because it means that they had to think about it.

Henitsirk said...

I'm feeling besmirched after reading that site, those people are so hateful and it just seems like a big waste of time. If they don't like parenting blogs, then don't read them, but why say such horrible things?

I don't see why taking Lila to any kind of rally is such a problem, if you felt it was a safe environment for her. Posting a picture like that in no way constitues using her to advertise your political positions, it just shows a Dad teaching his child about acting on what he thinks is right.